Oct 20, 2010

Chaos on Paper by DCS

Outlines? Forget it. Pre-planning a novel? Not my thing. Writing the first draft, no sweat. Going back to edit it? While sometimes fun, it’s a whole lot of work. My first drafts are extremely rough compilations of run on sentences, bad grammar (the voices in my head don’t always agree on tenses), and “wow, I can’t spell”, realizations. Ever left yourself a note, but thought you’d be clever and abbreviate the point you wanted to expand upon, then come back to your book a day later and have absolutely no clue what the heck that abbreviation stands for? I’m still trying to figure one out.

When I sit down to write, I have an idea in my head of where I want the story to go. Then I just let it go. Literally, it takes off. Sometimes I stop at red lights, sometimes I’ll make a few u-turns, but the joy of creation when I’m in my flow takes over and that’s just that. I see things play out in my head like a movie. I have to have a visual of what I’m writing. Sometimes I’ll glance at pictures of things, other times I let my imagination craft the image I’m looking for. And what’s most fun for me when all is said and done is your interpretation of my vision.

But you’re never getting your hands on my first draft. Nu uh. Even my dog looks at it funny and he can’t read.

***



***

DCS was born in Alexandria, Virginia. She graduated high school in Huntersville, NC and attended the University of North Carolina at Charlotte intent on earning a degree in Political Science and becoming a lawyer.

She instead eventually turned to writing. DCS is currently attending the American Institute of Holistic Theology to earn her PhD in Metaphysical Spirituality.

You can also hear her live every Saturday evening on BlogTalkRadio’s In the Mind of DCS. Show starts at 7pm Central Standard Time.

Synarchy Book 2: The Ascension is her second novel, and four more are scheduled for release.

Synarchy Book 3: SVT and Synarchy Book 4: The Black Widow are the next in the series due out in 2011.

You can visit her website at TheMindofDCS.com

No comments:

Post a Comment