Oct 11, 2010

Life in the First Draft by Cheryl Bannerman

I found writing the first draft enlightening and refreshing, and almost like a spiritual cleansing. I was at my height of creativity. The contents of the book, meaning the experiences of me, family members and friends were documented over a period of 15 years, but putting it all together formally in one cohesive, spelling and grammar-checked document…about 5 months.

Everything came easily to me because I love to create stories that stir the imagination. When I was little I used to read all kinds of books that would take me away to faraway, fun places and just pretend I was someone else and somewhere else. My mother would buy me all kinds of expensive book collections of literature and poetry, from Little Women to Black Stallion and all of the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys series.

I thought of these memories as I wrote my first book, hoping to take readers away to another place and time…to feel what I felt…to become one with Tara, the main character, no matter what age she was at. I wanted them to feel what she felt and be shocked, amazed, emotional, and amused as they read her story, and I think I did it! So far, folks are so engrossed they are finishing it in a matter of days. Wow. It’s definitely been a dream come true.


***



***



Cheryl McNeil (pen name, Cheryl D. Bannerman, her birth name) is CEO of a small virtual training company based out of Central New Jersey. She works out of her home office and creates classroom training materials, e-Learning modules, job aides and much more for corporate employees and their clients. She holds a Bachelors Degree in Business Management and a Masters in Project Management. She is also the (divorced) single mother of a beautiful eleven year old girl.

In her spare time she loves to read murder mysteries, watch movies, try new restaurants and cuisines, shop with her daughter, and in the summer, walk the boardwalk and take in the sun on the beach. Although her works are fiction, she has incorporated many of her life’s experiences into her stories.

You can find Cheryl at www.bannermanbooks.com

2 comments:

  1. This is displayed beautifully. Thank you so much.

    Cheryl Bannerman

    ReplyDelete